Random Thoughts about Random Subjects

Thursday, November 01, 2001

I'm going to change my job, returning to source, I'm originally a Telco engineer with exposure to data communications, so you will more find about networking stuff from now on in here.
I don't know when we can destroy this stupid Telecom Company, I think all of our problems in development of the Data Communication infrastructure of country raise from this fact that PTT is still being ruled by government, deregulation is the survey but they don't want to hear, as Dr Jalili said in one of conferences in Tehran "Be Omide Naboodie Sherkate Mokhaberat"
The funny thing is that the TAE fiber is running exactly underneath of DCI building in Tehran but we still use low quality and expensive satellite connections, I've heard that they are building the country's infrastructure by laying high capacity fibers between major cities, when do you expect this to finish?! , another Metro project lol.
Something about that which is interesting from technical point of view is that they are going to deploy ATM in the network,another saying is they are going to deploy MPLS which is a fantastic protocol but the problem with that is no one in the world has tested it before, some of its standards are still under review and haven't got any RFC, I hope this don't turn to another 3-Bit CAS ( a custom implementation of R2 signaling which is not compatible with any switch/router/.. in the world) , I hope they realize that this is not an academic project and Iran is not their R&D Lab.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home