Random Thoughts about Random Subjects

Monday, October 29, 2001

One of my friends asked me a question on how to cluster two web-cache servers running MS Windows, I knew how to do that with Squid (through hierarchical caching) which runs under POS*X compatible operating systems, but had no idea about MS cache servers unless using a third party cluster server, I found the answer quickly with a simple search on Google's specific search for Linux, a very simple solution with the aid of new Linux Kernel v2.4 capability, called Netfilter(IPTables), it has a cool feature that is called DNAT (Destination NAT), I did know about that but using that for clustering is a really neat idea, anyway the problem solved with deploying a very cheap Linux server (A P133 with 64MB Memory) just before two cache servers in the network acting as a Linux Virtual Server.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home